Nominated by the Bloomer Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) for recognition by the Chippewa County Economic Development Corporation (CCEDC). A.J. Manufacturing, Inc. has been named Chippewa County, Quadrant 1 – Business of the year for 2009. The award is based on business activities in over 10 categories, over the past three years, including but not limited to:
- Commitment to a safe work place
- Commitment to employee training – technical and soft skills
- Investment in quality facilities, tools, equipment, and technology
- Job creating and retention
- Participation in local and regional economic development activities
- Product and Market development
A.J. was presented the award May 21 from the CCEDC and a letter of congratulations from U.S. Senator Herb Kohl.
Todd Carlson, general manager, expressed his thanks to employees, customers and the community for the recognition. “Thank you for your commitment to excellence, customer service and keeping A.J. on the path to success. I’m confident that if we continue to rigorously manage our business and leverage the resources of our strategic partners, vendors, and shareholders we will honor this recognition for years to come.” Carlson said.