Responder™ Post Frame Door
Smooth skin steel panel prehung in your choice of steel or
aluminum frame with three 12 ga 4-1/2″ x 4″ fixed pin hinges.
• Frame jamb is fabricated of aluminum extrusions 3-1/2″ wide with a 0.062″ minimum wall thickness.
• Door is mounted to the frame by three, 12 ga zinc plated steel, 4″ x 4-1/2″ fixed pin hinges.
• Master frame is weatherstripped with woven polypropylene pile.
Steel Frame: Series R51
• Frame jamb is fabricated of 16 ga galvanized steel.
• Door is mounted to the frame by three, 12 ga stainless steel, 4″ x 4-1/2″ fixed pin hinges.
• Master frame is weatherstripped with closed cell TPE foam.
Steel Frame: Series R88
• 1-9/16” thick steel door panel.
• Steel frame with adjustable vertical parting stops.
• Adjustable head & sill weatherstrip.
Stainless Steel Frame: Series SST
• Built entirely of corrosive resistant material.
• Stainless steel header and sill.
• R11 insulation value.
Features & Benefits
• Prehung 2-way swing, insulated leaf with aluminum header and sill.
• 1-3/4″ thick door pressure injected with polyurethane foam – R11 insulation value.
• 24 ga hot dipped galvanized steel exterior. Polyester painted and baked for a durable and long lasting finish.
• Premium smooth steel panels.
• Flush design – cakepan panel for style, strength, and corrosion resistance.
• Door is prepped for lockset by boring a 2-1/8″ diameter hole with a 2-3/4″ backset and a 1″ edge bore.
• Door panel is strengthened with a Steel C-Channel at the location for entry lock.
• Frame jamb, header and sill are polyester painted and baked for a durable and long lasting appearance.
• Master frame is shipped completely assembled with hinges and door attached.
• A unique design allows the weatherstripped header parting stop to be snapped in place after the door has been installed to insure a weather tight installation.
• Top and Bottom sill sweeps are fabricated of a dual durometer vinyl consisting of three flexible wands and a rigid base.
• Sill is a low profile design, which complies with ADA handicap accessible guidelines. It is 3-1/2″ deep and 1/2″ high.
• Each door is individually cartoned.
• Standard panel, no lite.
• 6-panel, no lite.
• 22″ x 22″ Vue Lite insulated or single-glazed tempered glass.
• 22″ x 36″ 1-Lite insulated tempered glass.
• 22″ x 36″ 9-Lite insulated tempered glass with a rigid aluminum grid system installed within the 1/2″ dead air space.
• 22″ x 64″ Fullview sealed insulated glass consisting of two pieces of 1/8″ tempered glass with 1/2″ dead air space.
Nominal size: 3’0″ x 6’8″ Rough opening: 38-1/16″ x 81-13/32″ (Aluminum)
Rough opening: 39-1/16″ x 81-13/32″ (Steel)
THE RESPONDER DOOR™ STORY: Building on the successful response of the market to the PARTNER Door™ Series, AJ continued to respond to the Post Frame Industry’s desire for more value without additional cost. Metal processing and design technologies utilized in other industries provided the opportunity and experience to launch a revolutionary new product – the RESPONDER Door™ Series.
The Responder series delivers unmatched value in Utility and Light Commercial doors. G60 galvanization, 4-way universal handing, 4”x4.5” fixed pin hinges and foamed in place lites are a few of the premium features that are universal to AJ manufactured doors. Tested, proven, certified by independent firms, the RESPONDER design delivers value for the builder and end-user. We appreciate the trust our customers have placed in our products and services.