The insulated Attic Access Door “AAD” is a cost effective engineered solution to attic access. Designed for installation into buildings with an interior ceiling liner and available in 24”x36” and 24”x48” sizes for an egress of 20”x32” and 20”x44”.
The AAD is a steel panel with foam insulation pre-hung in a self flashing aluminum frame. Packed with an egress cord already attached, the AAD is ready to install right out of the box – no job site cutting, measuring or assembly required.
Save Time, Energy and Money
• Extruded Santoprene® Gasket
• Ready to install
• Quality construction
• Durable finish
• Energy efficient
Door Type and Construction:
• Hot dipped galvanized G60 steel skin
• 1ʺ thick door with an expanded polystyrene core
• White polyester painted steel sheet creates a seamless rigid panel with an insulating value of R6.5
Master Frame Construction
• Frame is fabricated of commercial quality 0.062ʺ painted aluminum extrusions
• Master frame is shipped completely assembled with stainless steel hinges and door attached
• Self-flashing frame extrusions are miter cornered and assembled with screws for strength
• Door is mounted to the frame by (2) fixed pin stainless steel hinges
• Door panel is reinforced at the pull handle location to provide maximum strength and performance
• An egress pull cord is installed in the attic side of the panel
Click HERE to open the literature.